Deferred Compensation Committee
Establishes, supervises, and evaluates the investment program for the Maricopa County 457 Deferred Compensation Plan.
The Deferred Compensation Committee meets as needed, at least quarterly.
2017 meeting dates:
- February 23, 2017 at 2 p.m.
- May 11, 2017 at 2 p.m.
- August 16, 2017 at 2 p.m.
- November TBD
301 W Jefferson
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
|Finance Director||Shelby Scharbach, Chairman, Assistant County Manager, Chief Financial Officer|
|Deputy County Manager||Vacant|
|Risk Management Director||Tom Liddy|
|Human Resources Director||MaryEllen Sheppard, Assistant County Manager|
|Alternate for Human Resources Director||Chris Bradley, Director of Employee Benefits|
|District 1||Frances Dairman Poeppe|
|District 2||Max Porter|
|District 3||Ben Henry
|District 4||Daren Frank|
|District 5||Monica Pimentel|
Under the Deferred Compensation Committee's Bylaws, the committee consists of nine voting members:
- the Deputy County Manager or designee
- the Human Resources Director or designee
- the Finance Director or Designee
- the Risk Manager or Designee
- Five County employees, one appointed by each District of the Board of Supervisors
Duties & Powers
The Deferred Compensation Committee manages the assets of the Deferred Compensation Plan. It is the intent of the Committee to fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities solely in the interest of the Plan's participants and beneficiaries and to make investments permissible by law for investment of trust funds. The committee:
- selects the investment design features of the plan
- appoints, monitors, and evaluates the Plan's investment fund managers
- monitors Plan costs
- through the Plan administrator, provides general information to Plan participants regarding procedures and investment options under the Plan.
This committee was established by the Board of Supervisors under the Deferred Compensation Plan, Section XIV, as amended September 24, 1984.