Deferred Compensation Committee
Establishes, supervises, and evaluates the investment program for the Maricopa County 457 Deferred Compensation Plan.
The Deferred Compensation Committee meets as needed, at least quarterly.
2019 meeting dates:
- March 12 at 2:00 pm
- May 9 at 2:00 pm
- August 22 at 2:00 pm
- November 14 at 2:00 pm
301 W Jefferson
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
|Deputy County Manager or designee
||Shelby L. Scharbach
|Human Resources Director or designee
|Finance Director or designee
|Risk Management Director or designee
|District 1||Frances Dairman Poeppe|
|District 2||Max Porter|
|District 3||Lee Ann Bohn
|District 4||Alicia Snarr|
|District 5||Monica Pimentel|
Under the Deferred Compensation Committee's Bylaws, the committee consists of nine voting members:
- Deputy County Manager or designee
- Human Resources Director or designee
- Finance Director or Designee
- Risk Management Director or Designee
- Five County employees, one appointed by each District of the Board of Supervisors
Duties & Powers
The Deferred Compensation Committee manages the assets of the Deferred Compensation Plan. It is the intent of the Committee to fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities solely in the interest of the Plan's participants and beneficiaries and to make investments permissible by law for investment of trust funds. The committee:
- selects the investment design features of the plan
- appoints, monitors, and evaluates the Plan's investment fund managers
- monitors Plan costs
- through the Plan administrator, provides general information to Plan participants regarding procedures and investment options under the Plan.
This committee was established by the Board of Supervisors under the Deferred Compensation Plan, Section XIV, as amended September 24, 1984.